NEW HAVEN, Conn. –( BUSINESS WIRE )–Key trends continue to influence the health decisions of women, stemming from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, socio-economic and political stressors, and the impact of social media on health advice. Mary Jane Minkin, MD, OB/GYN, Clinical Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at Yale University School associated with Medicine, offers key insights into various aspects of women’s health, and what women should keep in mind in 2022 to stay healthy.
“Prioritizing wellness and wellness in the new year has never been more important, plus that must include physical, mental and emotional health to help conquer any obstacles that may come our way, ” said Dr. Minkin. “Making certain that women are aware of their options and resources regarding fertility and pregnancy, aging, mental health, and other women’s wellness topics can ensure a healthful start to the brand new year plus beyond. ”
The below trending topics are expected to shape women’s health in 2022:
- COVID-19 vaccines & male fertility: Many rumors about the COVID vaccine affecting fertility emerged this past year, but the declining fertility rates in the US are not due in order to receiving a COVID vaccination. In fact, it’s extremely important that women who are trying to conceive get their full COVID vaccination, including boosters to protect against new variants. Research shows that will when a pregnant woman is vaccinated, the particular baby receives protective antibodies. Additionally, research shows that pregnant women who contract the coronavirus have an increased risk associated with stillbirth, preeclampsia, and preterm birth.
- A potential Millennial ‘baby boom’ upon the horizon: Due to a drop in birth rates during the outbreak, researchers predict what they call the “ Millie Baby Boom ” headed our method in the new year. Couples ready to start trying for a baby should evaluate lifestyle habits that will may interfere with their ability to conceive and make changes accordingly, like quitting smoking, cutting out alcohol, plus limiting caffeine as such factors have been shown to effect fertility . Using the personal lubricant that is fertility-friendly, such as Pre-Seed Fertility Lubricant , may further encourage conception as it supports sperm quality and motility.
- The importance of early being pregnant detection: With national concern over a woman’s right to choose, it’s vital that all women use regular contraception and always keep the morning after pill in their home in case initial birth control methods fail. To avoid unintended maternity, women may choose to double up on contraceptive by supplementing their regular form of contraception with Trojan condoms. For women living in states like Texas , it is especially important to detect pregnancy early on, so keeping reliable, accurate pregnancy tests on hand, like the First Response Early Result being pregnant test that gives results up to six days before an expected period, is essential.
- The future associated with abortion care is at home: With the rise of telehealth since the start of the particular pandemic, access to abortion services offers shifted and continues in order to evolve. carafem , a leader in client-centered child killingilligal baby killing care, expanded its TelAbortion services to seven states in 2021. While abortion limitations vary from state to state, telehealth has expanded entry to child killingilligal baby killing pill by mail services all around the country, a service which is now permanently permitted by the FDA . All women ought to understand what access looks like in their state and stay informed on the latest expansions to abortion care plus options.
- Women’s wellness education via social media: Many trusted experts are bringing their health education and sources to sociable media platforms like Instagram and TikTok. While this is helpful and informative, social media users must be wary of viral trends or information that can be potentially dangerous, particularly for vaginal health. Always consult with your health care provider before incorporating anything brand new into your vaginal wellness routine plus choose clinically backed products like RepHresh Gel , which eliminates odor with regard to up in order to three times, and RepHresh Pro-B , which helps to maintain a healthy vaginal flora.
- Maintaining sexual wellbeing in aging: With an aging female population , more women are usually experiencing menopause and its uncomfortable symptoms, including hot flashes and vaginal dryness, than ever before. Women experiencing feminine dryness need to incorporate a vaginal moisturizer, such as the Replens Long-Lasting Moisturizer , into their health and fitness routine to alleviate dryness at the particular source, as well while a quality silicone lubrication like Replens Silky Smooth just prior to sex. Women experiencing very hot flashes might keep an eye out regarding the release of the new oral medication called Fezolinetant , that could assist to reduce the number plus severity of hot flashes in menopausal women.
- Addressing psychological health issues: A recent study indicates that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a surge in anxiety and depression, particularly among women, because enforced lockdowns resulted within increased family responsibilities, household work, and risk associated with domestic violence. Using the effects of the pandemic looming, taking care of mental health will continue to be an essential practice. Ladies looking to take a first step toward bettering their own mental health might engage in the power of bodily activity, which improves psychological and emotional well-being. Females experiencing depressive disorders may also consider speaking with licensed professionals intended for information plus support.
“I motivate women to be proactive about their wellness by educating themselves, understanding their assets, and staying on top of important conversations with their health care providers, ” adds Minkin.