2022 Employer Health Benefits Survey – Kaiser Family Foundation
This 24 th annual survey of employers provides a detailed look at trends in employer-sponsored health coverage, including premiums, employee contributions, cost-sharing provisions, offer rates, wellness programs, and employer practices. The 2022 study included 2, 188 interviews with non-federal public and private firms.
Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health coverage reached $22, 463 this year, with workers on average paying $6, 106 toward the cost of their protection. The average deductible among covered workers in a plan with the general annual deductible is $1, 763 for single coverage. Workers at smaller firms contribute typically lead nearly $2, 000 more toward the particular cost associated with family insurance coverage than employees at smaller sized firms. They also face general yearly deductibles that are $1, 000 higher normally. This year’s report also looks at employers’ experiences and views about mental health and substance use services, telemedicine, plus wellness applications.
Survey results are released in several formats, including a full report with downloadable tables on a variety of topics, a summary of findings, and an article published in the journal Health Affairs .
- A news release announcing the publication of the 2022 Employer Health Benefits Survey is available.
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
- The particular Summary of Findings provides an overview of the 2022 survey results and is available under the Summary of Findings tab.
- The complete Employer Health advantages Survey report includes over 200 exhibits and will be available below the Report tab. The “Report” tab contains 13 separate sections. Users can view each section separately or download the section exhibits from the right side of the particular respective area page.
- More than 20 overview slides from your 2022 Employer Wellness Benefits Survey are obtainable as a slideshow .
- Standard errors for selected estimates are available in the Technical Supplement .
- Employer Health Benefits Surveys from 1998–2021 are available here . Please note that historic survey reports have not been revised with methodological changes.
- Researchers may request a public use dataset by going to Contact Us and choosing “TOPIC: Health Costs. ”